Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday SCD!

One of my favorite challenge sites, "Something Completely Different" is having a birthday this month with lots of prizes!  They select one topic each month and then each week have a different theme.  This month's topic is "Twinchies" (2x2 inch square creations), and the first week's theme is butterflies.  So, here's my butterfly twinchie!  Its base is plaster spritzed with Color Wash.  I added clipart, tiny flower brads and some matting (still just 2x2)!  
I love a good challenge site, sites with prizes and prizes full of information.  Check out the cricut giveaway and coupons at Obsessed with Scrapping. I am also loving a photography site called Digital Photography School because of the amount of information it has.
Do you have any favorite challenge sites or information sites to share?

14 comments:

debs14 said...

2x2? How did you get so much on something so tiny?! It's beautiful.

Amy said...

I'm off to check out the sites now!
Yes, Deb is right - how do you get so much on something so small?

scrappyjacky said...

I'm afraid I just can't work on such a small scale......yours is stunning. I'm also going to check out those sites.

Anonymous said...

We're all having the same reaction! The amazing detail on such a small space is something else! Love the colors, too. Digital Photography School is a favorite of mine too. I'm off to check out the other links. Thanks.

Sian said...

Wow, I love tiny things! This certainly is something completely different.

My favourite challenge site is, of course, Copy+Paste

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my goodness! That is stunning!!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Maria Thank you for your kind words. :) Your twinchie is gorgeous. I love the background. Good luck with the draw. Hope you have time to join us again this month. Thanks for playing at Something Completely Different. Gez.xx

humel said...

I love SCD, but haven't had time somehow to play along since before Christmas, bleh! Gorgeous Twinchie xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thats gorgeous , love the base texture too

Becky said...

2x2 is tiny and this is gorgeous!

Zoechaos said...

Your Twinchie has a special charm all of its own, love that you used plaster to make a tiny tile and decorated it with such lovely images. good luck in all the draws.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Off to check out the sites.

Joanna said...

Oooh, it's very different to use plaster as the base - it gives a lovely texture. Really like the image, lovely colouring.

Laura said...

Great Twinche. Fantastic image and great embellishments.
Thanks for playing along this week at SCD.