Thursday, June 17, 2010

Smooth, Alcohol Ink Tags


I love plaster because it is so highly textured, so it was difficult to figure out what to do with today's prompt at Creativity Boot Camp - "smooth."  I decided to smooth it out by adding several coats of gesso on top of it.  I got it so smooth that I was able to get alcohol inks to "stick" to it!  I love alcohol ink and am happy to find another surface to use them on.  I'm making another set of tags for my art journaling class which continues this weekend.  I can't find my hole punch, but I will punch a hole and add some nice ribbon before I give these out on Sunday.  Art journaling and scrapbooking have both helped me come to terms with my handwriting because I do not do any computer journaling - it's all by hand.  Have you learned to love your handwriting yet?

13 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scrappyjacky said...

No...I haven't either...but whereas in the past I never hand wrote on scrapbook pages...I now make myself do that as I think it's probably important it's there...and I now am a little more comfortable with it.

Sian said...

No I really don't love my handwriting; but I love knowing that I am leaving it on my pages.

helena said...

can't say I love it but I do accept it is part of me and I write oh about half the pages I create

Unknown said...

No I don't love it, but often write on my scrapbooking pages!

Anonymous said...

No, definitely not, but I use it on my pages occasionally. I do believe it's an important part of who I am so I make sure it's a part of the record.

Julie Shoemaker said...

Love my handwriting? Not...but I force myself to use it anyway. Love the colors on this tag. When do we get to see some pic's of your classes?

Cheri said...

I love that you incorporate your handwriting in your artwork. It is harder to do with being digi (and not yet having learned to use a pen tablet) but I do use my handwriting when I do paper pages. Can't say I love it - but I don't hate it either.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I have resorted to hadwritten fonts. Now I am happy. :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well, I have learned to accept my handwriting. Even though I'm not crazy about it, it's part of me and I do try to use it for journaling here and there for a personal touch. :o)

Hope said...

Hey Rinda,
Are you using ArtPlaster? If so can you use this without a mold? I am thinking about playing with some this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

melissamyth said...

haha, awesome. Great minds do think alike ;) So glad to have found you through boot camp. I love your work.

humel said...

No, I'm not loving my handwriting either.... I am making a point of using it on layouts though, as I think it's important to do so. But no, I don't like it! But yours looks lovely, as does Amy's, and Deb's, and anyone else's I've seen - and they've all said that they don't like their own! What is it with us all and our handwriting?! xx