Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Halloween Party Ever

Shimelle challenged us to use a mad-lib or fill-in-the-blank template for journaling.  I used one from Friday's class lesson to compose this description of a Halloween party from long ago:

"I wish I could go back to a time when I would really dress up for costume parties.  A time like the night Paul and I dressed up as Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. It made me feel all hip and cool, like we could even win the costume competition. We didn't (but it didn't really matter). That same night, we danced and drank until the bar closed down, and they kicked us all out. Everyone said it was the best party ever! I know I thought the fun would never end. There was never another Halloween party like that again!"


Our Halloweens have been much quieter since then.  There were many years of taking the kids trick-or-treating (lots of fun, but in a different way).  The pendulum may be swinging back. This year I'm dressing up as a Gypsy (complete with Tarot cards to do readings) and Paul is dressing as a Vegetarian Vampire (complete with a theme drink - Bloody Mary's), and we're off to a friend's party in a bit.  Will have to report on the party later . . . 


How was your Halloween?

7 comments:

debs14 said...

We really don't celebrate Halloween over here like you do over there! I did have 5 trick or treaters round in fancy dress but us adults really don't get that involved. Wish we did, because when I read about the fun you have over there, it sounds great. Hope you had a fun party!

JO SOWERBY said...

loving the vegetarian vampire,..........what a hoot. as for tarot readings, make sure u give them all happy futures
Jo xxxx

Sian said...

Now that sounds like my kind of party!

It's certainly quieter here than it used to be - we used to have school fireworks with a fancy dress party which I had to judge because I was the only mum who did any sewing. Hideous responsibility picking a winner lol

laurie said...

sounds like a fun evening! i haven't been to an adult halloween party in many years. let us know how it goes. i hope you took some photos of your costume!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Halloween. :o) We didn't dress up this year for Halloween ~ just went to Carrie's for dinner and then came home and sat out by a fire pit with our neighbors in the cul de sac.

BTW, I love your page! You must have quite a collection of ephemera!

humel said...

Love this page - I saw it on the class forum too :-) Great journaling! xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That sounds like a great party! very nice page!