Thursday, October 14, 2010

Christmas Art Journal

Last Friday, I had so much fun putting together this little Art Journal as a sample for a class I will teach in November.  It uses a Maya Road chipboard album and was inspired by Dina's album in this post. The paper is primarily from the Australian paper company Kaiser Craft. It has room to journal about ten memories from Christmas - from either this year or from holidays past.  Here's a sample of some of the interior pages:
Every year, Ali Edwards creates a December Daily album to document her holidays.  She has already started to blog about it, for example, in this post.  Shimelle has a class called Journal Your Christmas, which I have done before and enjoyed a lot.  This year, I'm going to use this art journal to capture my Top Ten Memories, and I also plan to do a hipstamatic minialbum that combines the December Daily and Journal Your Christmas ideas.  I know it's not even Halloween yet,  have you started to think about Christmas journaling/scrapping projects already?

8 comments:

Amy said...

No, not really but there is certainly a feeling in the blogosphere that Christmas is in the air!

debs14 said...

We were arranging our 'Secret Santa' at work yesterday and I found myself volunteering to do all the labels!
That little album looks so good, it will be fun to fill.

scrappyjacky said...

Love this,Rinda...it really looks fun.I've been watching Ali start her preparations....and I know what I want to do for JYC...I love thinking about xmas stuff....never too early for me!!

Sian said...

This is really cute! I'm hoping to complete JYC this year and I've just signed up for a felting Christmas class so I'm definitely thinking about Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I've already got a folder started with supplies for my Christmas Journal. I need to have the basics done before we leave for California in mid-November. I'm going to do a daily this year and combine it with Picture the Holiday at BPS. My Christmas Journals are some of my favorite scrapbook projects.

Hope said...

I am already planning my December Daily Album. I have cut my pages and have started on a few backgrounds already. I am going to do it like a Art Journal and BIA together after I finish the backgrounds. I am really excited about this project for the month of December.

laurie said...

wow - i just got a shiver of holiday excitement from looking at your album. this is a great time of year - so much to look forward to!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE this tree shaped album, Rinda! I am getting excited for Christmas myself...haven't decided if I'm going to document it in any particular way yet. :o)