Thursday, March 31, 2011

2011 Intentions & OLW (March Edition)

"In March, I was fabulous because I became a runner - again." I used to run . . . back before the kids were born and off-and-on afterwards. But I hung up my shoes quite a while ago. And had assumed they were hung up for good because I was getting to be too old. But something happened this year, when I made my 2011 intention to be 50 and fabulous. I found the strength and commitment to let go of ideas of what I was too old to do. And, the other day, when I was walking in downtown Burlingame, I saw a new running shoe store. And I went in. And I bought shoes. And now every few days, I put them on, and I run. Because I can. And because it makes me feel fit and healthy and strong. And because, for me, this is what 50 looks like.
So, that's my art journal page in in Intentions journal.  Funnily enough, the picture is actually an old one I found in my stash, but, now, years later, I bought the same shoes!  Here's a couple of pages from "one little word" journal focusing on health.
The purple page says "I will keep a food journal to track what I eat." I do this as part of Weight Watchers. I've lost about 15-20 pounds so far, and I'm hoping to lose 10-15 more. I've plateaued a bit lately, but I'm hoping the running will help. Also, as the yellow page told me to do, I joined a gym. I just started, but I'm looking forward to the weight work and more organized yoga and cardio work.
How are you coming on your 2011 intentions, resolutions and one little words for this year? I'd love it if you would share a link in the comments below. Mr. Linky started charging, so I'm not able to use that service anymore. I'd love suggestions for something else if you know of any.  If you want to read more about the 2011 resolutions, intentions and one little word project, click on the "2011 intentions" label below.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely impressive! At the moment I am finding my blogging friends to be such an inspiring group of women - so many changes, so much strength - it is just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your commitment to the gym and running. Getting to the gym seems to be one of my biggest hurdles. My OLW update is here.

laurie said...

good for you! i have started taking a walk every evening - no excuses! it is funny how changing just one thing in your life opens up the door for more positive changes.

MonicaB said...

Way to go! I believe that it's never too late to make positive changes. I really enjoy seeing your art journal evolve. Thanks for sharing.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

~sigh~ True confession: I walk every morning. My walk happens after I've had my cup of coffee and read a few blogs, and before I get ready for work. Here I sit this morning, reading along, and when I read this post I looked at the time. I TOTALLY missed my walk this morning due to catching up on blog reading. If I go out now I'll be super late for work. :o\ argh!!!

But, there is still time for 10 minutes of yoga!

Keep up the good work! I'm proud of your quest for better health.

BTW: My mom lost 80 pounds on Weight Watchers about 30 years ago and has kept it all off. :o)

Sian said...

What can I say apart from wow!

..I'll never make a runner. I think I need to find other ways to be fabulous lol

nancy y said...

WTG Rinda! You'll probably look so different when I see you at the house crop! I'm hoping to purchase a new Nike shirt that says on the front "Running Sucks" - because even tho I do it, I don't really like it all that much! I like it when it's over LOL

humel said...

Hooray, hooray, for you! :-)

My update is here

Unknown said...

Well done you especially with the running!

scrappyjacky said...

You're doing so well,Rinda....unlike me, I'm afraid....but I have got a journal page here

Pippa (pjbear) said...

How about a group on Flickr - it's free and we could all post photos to the group, it could be by invitation only if you made it a private group, just a thought <3 Well done on the running! mY March page is here http://pjbear-determinedscrapper.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-little-word-2011-art-journal-march.html