Thursday, June 23, 2011

Challenge Cards

The Stampotique Design Challenge Blog is having a "use your scraps" blog hop and challenge right now. So, I grabbed the scraps from my June Counterfeit Kit and made this hexagonal card with one of my favorite Stampotique stamps. As much as I'm captivated by this image, I have to admit that I have had some trouble figuring out how to use it So, I was really happy when I saw how well it went with this patterned paper!
I was inspired to make a hexagonal card because Mini Challenge #3 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is to create a card or layout that is NOT a rectangle or square. I made this card as well:
I have one more project from my June counterfeit kit which I'll post for their blog hop later this month. But, for now, the kit is done! I just have a few itty bitty scraps left. It's so much fun to be using up my stash. Can hardly wait for the July kit. It was fun to make a non-square/rectangle card. Why don't you give it a try?

26 comments:

Amy said...

The scraps of others are what I consider to be my stash ... it is looking rather pitifully small at present!

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! Clever card, beautiful shape. Love your choice of colours and one of my favourite stamps too! Good Luck for the draw. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Denise said...

Brilliant use of scraps - I made a few patchwork cards theother week but I love the way you have used scraps and other stuff too on these x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards; I'm especially fond of the papers in the first one.

Basement Stamper said...

Great use of your scraps and love the non-traditional card. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

nancy y said...

those patterned papers and funky hexagon card are perfect for that image!
You have really gotten alot of mileage out of that counterfit kit, I may have to try it next month!

humel said...

Oh, fabulous Rinda :) It's amazing the difference it can make just varying the shape of the base card - and this is great use of scraps! xx

scrappyjacky said...

Great way to use up the scraps, Rinda....and I need to maybe have a change from square cards!!

Hermine said...

Its lovely, love the colours

Unknown said...

Lovely, great shapes for cards that are just a bit different.

Emily said...

What a fun hexagon card! The paper and stamp work so well together.

Tara O said...

Wow. These are great shaped cards!

laurie said...

that would be a challenge - we are so used to thinking of cards as rectangles! such a cute stamp on your first card - glad you got to use it.

Susanne said...

Good job thinking outside the rectangle.

A Creative Operation said...

Nice job!

Tricia said...

That stamp goes perfectly with your choice of patterned paper. I love those cards! You are a fabulous artist.

Willy said...

Funny use of scraps and fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 33

Angela Weimer said...

Great cards and super use of your scraps. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Very creative Rinda! I love both cards, and I love those Oriental papers!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great shape - I also love the image you've used!

Kim Strother said...

I didn't think of making shape cards, great idea!

Margie said...

Awesome cards, and I am going to swipe the summer photo scavenger hunt!! Great idea!

fatmonica said...

I love that Stampotique stamp and you're right-it looks great with that paper!

thekathrynwheel said...

I love the way you put your scraps together - it all works so well :-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful pieces.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how everything just fits together so well in this great shape!