Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stamped Tags: Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog

How simply wonderful and easy is this idea?  In this month's Counterfeit Kit (from Polka Dot Whimsy), there were some stamped tags. So, when putting together my kit, I pulled an assortment of blank tags. Yesterday I pulled out some stamps appropriate for use with our upcoming kayak vacation in the San Juan Islands and made these embellishments. Super simple, and I love them. Apparently, there's no need to buy "adventure" or "outdoor embellishments" because I have so much stuff already. What kind of home made embellishments can you make with your stash?

9 comments:

laurie said...

i love using tags of all sizes and need to get out my stamps more often. these look perfect for your upcoming vacation - bold and rugged.

Jenny said...

Great tags. I made my own bakers twine to put in my kit this month and I printed the summer flash cards to use. Love all the cool stuff I can make myself!

Susanne said...

Tags are something I should do more - I like yours a lot.

Tricia said...

Great tags! Even more impressive is that you made them yourself. I'm inspired to get busy and make some myself.

scrappyjacky said...

This is a great idea,Rinda...I know I have lots of stash I could make embellishments with...if I just put my mind to it!!

Anonymous said...

Great tags - I stamped mine too - counterfeiting is great at getting you doing stuff, isn't it?

Jimjams said...

Neat counterfeiting - these will be really useful!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

LOVE your tags, Rinda! I am actually in the middle of a layout, and I got stuck because I didn't have any "non-girly" embellies in my kit. I had not stamped any tags for my kit-I think I will do that right now-they will be the perfect finishing touch for my page! Thanks for the reminder!

Kim Strother said...

The "adventure" tag is my favorite. Great Job!