Thursday, May 31, 2012

Completed "Week in the Life" Album (monthly make)

Well, I did it! I buckled down and completed the journaling and embellishments to finish my "Week in the Life" photo journaling project.  You can see the blank book at this link; the cover is above, and the completed book looks like this:
A typical day looks like this:
In the top photo, there's a full 6x6 red page on the left, followed by two dark brown 6x2 inch flaps, to which I added pictures, matted with light brown paper. The second picture shows the page created using the two flaps, and the third picture shows a full 6x6 red page on the right and a flap page on the left (with the photo added).  This gave me plenty of room to add pictures and journaling.  Here's two other pages I liked:
I kept the embellishments very simple.  I mainly used two different Close to My Heart stamp sets.  One had the date journaling stamp that I used on my cover and for each day (you can see the Monday and Tuesday ones above).  The other had a variety of stamps (the "time to" one;  a "life is good" and "good day" ticket; the phrase "follow your dreams"' and a swirl). I used these throughout the album.  I also supplemented with the "memoir" and "write your own story" stamps you can see on the cover.
Overall, I'm really happy with the album. It really chronicles a week in my life and covers my work, family and creative pursuits pretty well. I've noticed that I've taken many fewer pictures this year, so I'm really glad to have this album to really record the nitty gritty of our lives.  Plus, I'm going to count this as my monthly make for May (just in the nick of time)!
Did you do Week in the Life?  Did you complete your album?

13 comments:

Nordljus said...

What a wonderful album you created here! I alwas want to do projects like this, but I know that I'd never finish them. I did a "Week in the Life" photo project last summer, but only on my blog. If was fun, but very time consuming.

helena said...

Looks great

I only finished mine because I did it digi and created each day the next morning

Amy said...

It looks fantastic rinda and it certainly is one of those projects which is worth the effort!

Sian said...

Definitely well worth it. It's a project I have never tried - boy, do I wish I had one from when the kids were little!

scrappyjacky said...

It looks great....and I really like the one photo a page look.

Irene said...

Congratulations on completing another project, it looks great.

laurie said...

i'm impressed that you wrapped this project up so quickly - and in fine form! your album will take on more significance as the years go by, which is a good investment. :-)

Unknown said...

Love this! Yours turned out so awesome. I wish I had done it this year but I feel too busy lately to focus on anything other than Project Life!

Alison said...

Love how it turned out Rinda!
Alison xx

Jo Murray said...

That's a great book. Makes you want to pick it up and look.

Karen said...

What a great album! Every time I see one in blogland I think I should do this project, but it always seems to overwhelming. It occurs to me, however, that I have plenty of photos from our week with Sarah that I could put an album together---certainly not typical, but not really a travel album either.

Becky said...

This looks great! I didn't do Week in the Life, but may do it next year - things were just not right this year to do it!

Anonymous said...

It turned out great looking Rinda! Haven't done Week in the Life but just might next year after seeingyour album.