Monday, October 29, 2012

A Peek Inside My Life

Outside My Window... it is getting dark earlier and earlier, and there is a definite chill in the air; we will change the clocks back soon.
Around the house and garden... Halloween decorations springing up in the neighborhood for the big event on Wednesday night.
I am thinking... that I won't be able to go to the victory parade for the San Francisco Giants (who just won the World Series) this year because I have to go to work. Darn it!
I am thankful for... Paul's return home after Round 5 of chemotherapy. It feels so good to have him back in the house. He tolerates these treatments very well but really hates being in the hospital (and how can you blame him?)
From the kitchen... just a few prepared salads because our new hardwood floors are being stained and sealed, which makes it difficult to move about the house.
I am wearing ... pajamas. 
I am hoping ... that Clara makes the basketball team at her new school. She went to tryouts today and really enjoyed herself.  It would be such a great way for her to make friends and settle into her new environment.
I am reading... the final version of Henry's college essays. He's sent out five applications so far, and he has five more to go.
I am busy creating... not much! I really wanted to do some more things for a Dias de los Muertos altar, but I'm not sure we will have the living room reassembled in time. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I am hearing... the clicking of the keyboard as I get this weekly update out a day later than usual! 
What are you up to right now?

20 comments:

helena said...

great that Paul is home again. Love the photos warm colours

Missus Wookie said...

Don't blame Paul at all - home is always better than hospital even with the floors and rooms being done.

Impressive that C is trying out for sport teams already - hope she gets on.

Irene said...

Always busy at your place. Our clocks went back this weekend, which throws me out of sync and it gets dark far too soon.
Pleased you have Paul home. You are all coping so well around his chemo.
Lots of halloween decs around here too as the grandchildren are really into it this year.

humel said...

Yes, I'm glad to hear that Paul is home again xx

Our clocks have gone back and it now gets dark so early in the evening!! The mornings are lighter, though, which is lovely...

Anne said...

All the best to Paul and to you Rinda.
What I am up to? Nothing fascinating: Going to have some lunch and try to rest a bit. xxx

Alison said...

Glad to hear Paul is home..hospital is no fun! Well done to Clara for throwing herself into things at the new school and to Henry for getting On with the applications...and of course to you for looking out for them all...take care of you in amongst it all!
Alison xx

Irene said...

So glad Paul is home. Keeping him in my prayers. Hope Clara made the team. As for me, I have been very busy taking boys to their school activities. I will be so happy when they get their license to drive.

scrappyjacky said...

Glad Paul is home...and good luck to Henry and Clara.
The evenings are really dark here now the clocks have gone back....and there's more than a slight chill in the air!

Sian said...

Home is always best :)

It's half term here and we are getting out and about, little bit of walking, little bit of shopping and some planning for my Mum's birthday party on Friday.

Cheri said...

I'm catching up on blogs after being offline for 20 hours! ;) Glad Paul is home and doing well, good luck to Clara and Henry.

Unknown said...

Glad Paul is home. Got my eldest son home for the evening which is lovely.

alexa said...

Delighted to hear of Paul's safe return, and how great that he tolerates the chemo so well. Hoping all goes well with those college applications too - a stressful time for you, what with the flooring too. Your photo is very cheering!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Glad to hear Paul us back home! I hope Clara makes the team. Does Henry have to write a different essay for each application? Do they give topics?

Karen said...

So glad to hear Paul is home. I don't envy you the college application process--it was a stressful time for us although it all worked out well in the end. I'm trying to keep up with a very busy 10 month old. We had a wonderful family weekend here.

Ginger said...

Good to hear Paul is home Rinda :) We are getting use to the dark! I don't particularly like the clocks going back because I would rather have an extra hour of daylight at the end of my day, although I do enjoy the extra hour of time!

Abi said...

Praying for Paul's speedy recovery! Hoping the college applications are successful. A lovely post Rinda x

Miriam said...

So pleased that you have Paul home, it is where you heal best. Love the little peak into your week Rinda.

Mary B said...

Hope you are OK Rinda you haven't posted for a few days.{{{{{{{{{{{{huggles}}}}}}}}}}}
Love Mary

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

That's a whole lot of stuff going on with you right now, sweet friend! I'm thinking of you and your family and sending prayers every day! xo

Melissa said...

Sounds like you're staying busy. Glad Paul is home again!