Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hello Monday

Hello Monday . . . a meme started by Lisa Leonard.
Hello High School Soccer Season .  .  . my son's team started their preseason with a nice 2-1 victory in the Homestead Christmas Cup. The tournament continues for the next three weekends. Plus, there's some other preseason games at his school. We've got a big fundraiser coming up next weekend, and I've got to help the Coach with a few other things. Very busy, but I love it.
Hello High School Basketball Season . . . my daughter's team is also playing their preseason. She had three games last week, and she has two this week. Plus practice. I'm not sure she realized what a big commitment it is, but I hope she sticks with it an learns to appreciate it.
Hello New Doctors for Paul . . . thank you all so much for your kind comments on yesterday's post. Each one warmed my heart and made me feel loved and supported. We are so relieved that things are moving forward. Paul's care has been taken over by the bone marrow transplant team at Stanford Hospital. Right now, we're praying that one of his siblings is a good match, so we can determine if a transplant is the best course of action.
Hello college acceptances  . . .  Henry received his first two acceptance letters this weekend! One from University of Oregon (which is one of his top choices because they have the premiere sports marketing program in the country). The other is from Michigan State (which is a school he really wanted to apply to, but which is very far away from here).
Hello Christmas . . . we bought an artificial tree this year (just easier with the new dog and Paul's immunity issues), and we put it up over the weekend. It's got lights but still needs ornaments. I started decorating the house, too.  We'll probably still make a trip to the tree farm to make wreaths and walk around but, for now, I appreciate the low hassle factor of the fake tree.
Hello 12 Days of Christmas Photography Class and other Holiday Creative Challenges . . . looking forward to playing with my camera and scrapping (last year's Christmas pictures). I also think I'll be focusing a bit on Angels (see here and here) and the Virgin Mary, due to some challenges I've seen that call to me. The Sketchbook Challenge topic this month is gifts, and I think I'll play along there as well.  And I always like to do the Fall Fearless and Fly challenge, if I can manage it!
***********************************************
What are you saying hello to this week?

13 comments:

Amy said...

A couple of break ups for basketball and Cubs, some shopping, some making and baking and wrapping, a few work things and waiting for the plumber to come and sign off on the house. More than enough for one week which also includes a couple of birthday parties for the kids next weekend.

alexa said...

Oh, focussing on angels sounds perfect :). My week is packed with lots of small things which Have To Be Done! Hoping all goes well with the transplant investigations.

debs14 said...

My week ought to include list making and getting myself organised but here we are at Monday afternoon and I'm still reading blogs ;-)
Fingers crossed for finding a good match for Paul. I think of you all often and send healing wishes Paul's way.

Unknown said...

Trying to get organised

Alison said...

I'm having a week of eating...three Christmas Lunches this week! Glad to hear all the good news from your patch!
Hugs
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

It sounds like a busy week for you,Rinda....mine is pretty busy as well....including a trip away.
Our christmas decs don't come out for another week yet.

Becky said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that one of Paul's siblings is a match. Our decks will go up properly this weekend - just got the outside lights up so far.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I hope one of his siblings is a match! Sounds like you all have a lot going on the next few weeks!

Karen said...

I truly don't know how you manage to make time for all your creative endeavors when there is so much going on in your life! You are amazing! Congrats to Henry; those are both wonderful schools.

Sian said...

Hurray for those college acceptances! That's brilliant news, great job Henry.

Keeping our fingers crossed for that marrow match x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

This post is full of lovely things to say hello to, Rinda. Glad to know you are embracing the artificial tree, and for all the right reasons it sounds like.

This week finds me scurrying to get at least one batch of cards in the mail (those that have to travel a long way) and also getting our tree Friday night.

Keep smiling, Rinda. xo

Beverly said...

I always loved when the sports seasons began but was also relieved when they finished. The senior year is so special, good luck to Henry and the team. The Virgin Mary and angels sound like a very fitting focus for you this year :) My prayers continue to be with Paul.

Anonymous said...

A week of great things for you. Congrats to Henry on those acceptances. Praying that one of Paul's siblings is a good match.