Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nontraditional Holiday Images

Yes, sure, I have plenty of cute pictures in my scrapbooks of holiday baking. But this is the picture from this year. I was making cookies and left for about an hour and half. And when I came home, this is what I found! Clara took a picture, and we both laughed because if you can't laugh when you come home to find that your dogs have torn into a bag of flour, then you probably shouldn't have dogs!  I thought it was nice of them to bring it to "their" blanket to play with rather than drag it all over the house at least!
And here's a couple of other non-traditional holiday images I wanted to share:
Carolyn Dube of A Colorful Journey used really fun mixed media techniques on gift bags.  You can see her post here.
Carla Sonheim has a free printable PDF of her unique gift tag.  Read about and access it on her blog at this post.  Finally, the Sunday Postcard Art blog recently ran a "Steampunk Christmas Challenge" which resulted in all kinds of fantastic nontraditional holiday postcards. You can see their top six finishers at this post.
Do you have any links to nontraditional holiday images to share? If so, I'd love to see them.

15 comments:

laurie said...

yes, the holidays definitely have a flip-side! i have plenty of those "images" as well. i'm glad you were able to laugh at the situation with your daughter. that's what makes moments memorable and ok. :-)

Amy said...

What naughty little minxes!
I was also thinking that your floors were looking good - the part without the flour!

Carolyn Dube said...

How generous of your dogs to give you something to laugh about! What a mess they made! Thanks for the shout out!

scrappyjacky said...

I've a few of those 'fun' dog memories as well!!!

Anonymous said...

This is just so funny. We once had a dog that would steal any food, she even stood on the dining room table and ate Gracia's dinner whilst Gracia was washing her hands and getting ready to eat!

alexa said...

Oh my goodness! Is that all over your new floor? They clearly had a good time and have a loving and tolerant owner! I'm off to explore your links - most of my photos are non-traditional Christmas things because I've not yet got to Christmas :).

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I bet that was fun to clean up. No Christmas pictures, either traditional or non-traditional, yet. I need to get that camera out. :)

Sian said...

I like your attitude!

Non traditional images? You have got me thinking..

Cheri said...

OMG Rinda - too funny. At least they contained the mess to one area!

Elizabeth said...

Bad doggie! Hope it didn't take too long to get the flour out of his fur.

Miriam said...

I was thinking of the white paw prints all over the house! They must have had such fun! Love the idea of a series of non traditional pictures too. Flour for thought.

humel said...

I'm glad you're laughing about it, because it means I can do so too without feeling guilty! Oh, dear.... Though if your children were younger you could have pretended they were reindeer prints all over the house?!

Jo Murray said...

Oh my....hope you had some spare flour.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

LOL! oh my. at least they took it to their spot!

~*~Patty S said...

I appreciate your sense of humor! Nothing would take place of the flour sack phot LOL

I also really enjoyed your how you plan to celebrate and do celebrate Christmas

Wishing you a very merry and sweet Christmas and brightest of blessings in 2013
oxo