Friday, February 8, 2013

This and That

I live in such a beautiful and interesting place. . . the other day Paul and I went for a walk on the coastside trail. This building is the home to the Tsunami Warriors (kayakers), a yoga studio and an artists colony.  It seems like a good illustration for a few interesting links:
***Kat Sloma is hosting the "Liberate Your Art 2013" swap. I've done it the past two years, and it's so much fun! Participants send in five post cards featuring copies of their original art and receive five back in return. To sign up, go to this link
***Carolyn Dube is hosting a FREE art journaling workshop, "Use Your Words,"  which focuses on the use of text but also promises to teach a variety of other techniques.  You can sign up here. 
***Sian of From High in the Sky published this fantastic list of potential scrapbook page topics, which could also very easily be prompts for art journal pages.
***Fourteen photographers have joined together in a weekly portrait project to document how they see their children. It's called "You Are My Wild," and you can check it out here.
***Bernice is sponsoring a free art journaling project "An A to Z of Me." You can see the prompts at this link and her responses at her blog, here. She sponsored a month long Gratitude journaling exercise in November, and I really enjoyed it. This time, in addition to having a topic, a quote, a scripture passage, a journaling prompt and an inspiration, she also has downloadable PDF's for each day. And its FREE!
Do you find any of these intriguing?
Got anything interesting to share?



12 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the link to the the 'You are my wild' photography blog - here is another one that is on similar lines -

http://cheandfidel.blogspot.com/search/label/52

Great links today Rinda!

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

What an interesting looking building. I have Sian's list filed away already but will definitely be checking out your other links, especially the photography one. Thanks x

Cheri said...

I was already signed up for Liberate Your Art. Just signed up for the free art journaling class too - I don't know that I'll have time right now with everything else, but will get to watch it eventually!

Beverly said...

Have Sian's great list and unfortunately (really I am sad) my boys are grown so the Wild one won't work but it does inspire me to create one of my own about them and my perception of them.

Carolyn Dube said...

What a cool building! Thanks for sharing about the workshop! I really appreciate it! And I think I will be clicking on some of those other links...

scrappyjacky said...

Although I don't art journal....'Use your Words' sounds really interesting.....and I think it could be used in scrapbooking....so I've signed up....not that I need more classes!!!but thanks for the link.

laurie said...

i want to live in this beautiful building - i imagine inhabiting it would increase my capacity for creativity! thanks for sharing all the interesting things out there - i wish i wasn't always short on time.

Karen said...

Great links! I'm already behind on a couple of things here, but will be definitely checking out the "Use Your Words" link. I'm already signed up for Kat's Liberate Your Art.

Sian said...

Thank you so much fro including my list :) I'm working on another one - a running list in my notebook - but it'll keep for a rainy day :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

What a really interesting looking building!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Thanks for a great set of links, Rinda. I definitely want to sign up for the mail art swap this year!

Miriam said...

I have signed up for Liberate Your Art for the first time and Use Your Words looks intriguing. I have also signed up for 30 days of lists in March. http://march2013.30daysoflists.com/about/
I could do with a class to manufacture more time..any ideas?