Saturday, March 30, 2013

Monthly Make: Purple Thank-You's

I made 24 thank-you cards today!  I have been so blessed with the outpouring of support from people supporting me and Clara in our training for a half-marathon and our fundraising to help find a cure for leukemia and lymphoma (you can read more about it here or click here to join us) that I have run out of thank-you cards in my extensive stash.  I wanted to make purple thank-you cards, as that is the color of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. So I gathered an assortment of purple papers and got to work.
How did I make them so quickly?  I used a couple of "assembly line" card making formulas that were developed by Julie Heyer of the Cape Cod Scrapper blog.  The first recipe is at this link, and the second one is here.  I used 24 sheets of 8.5x11 paper to create 24 cards. Pretty cool, huh? I'm calling this my Monthly Make for March (a project started by The Felt Fairy blog, which I am continuing this year, even if she is not formally running it this year due to her health).  
It felt really good to get back to card making after such a long time. I'd forgotten how nice it is to make cards. Let me know if you check out Julie's blog or if there's something you've returned to lately.

13 comments:

Miriam said...

These look gorgeous Rinda. I have returned to knitting, I just cast on some stitches yesterday!
Thank you for your card x

Linda said...

Love the cards Rinda! I too have returned to knitting recently. I'm not very good at it so want to improve:)

sky-blu-pink said...

These are lovely, and will be a pleasure to receive. Thankyou so much for my beautiful card with the horse, it fits so well with the Easter cards!

scrappyjacky said...

They look lovely,Rinda.
I've returned to cross stitch lately....perfect for chilly evenings watching TV.

Melissa said...

These are lovely - the purple really makes them pop off the screen!

GlorV1 said...

These are totally awesome Rinda. Love them. I wouldn't mind receiving one of these thank you notes. :) Way to go. Happy Easter and remember the Resurrection.

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever made that many cards in one go. They look great and my favourite colour too. I like the idea of a formula for cutting up the different papers. Thanks for sharing the link.
Happy Easter to you x

Alison said...

Lovely cards Rinda!
Alison xx

Capescrapper said...

Rinda, these came out so wonderful! Thanks so much for mentioning my blog, that was such a sweet surprise. I have really been enjoying making my own assembly line instructions for different sketches.

BIG HUGS!! And I think what you and Clara are doing in support of your husband and so many others is amazing! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

They look lovely Rinda! I haven't returned to anything yet but am definitely thinking of doing some more cross-stitching.

Jo Murray said...

You've done a wonderful job on these Rinda. Good luck with the training.

Beverly said...

Great cards! I am returning to blog reading on a much more regular basis, I hope! You might can tell I am reading in reverse..I see the link I need here so you don't have to email it to me per my comment request on the other post ;)

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations on getting so many cards done. I do like assembly line cards for bulk makes, but then like the fun of doing arty ones on occasions too.