Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bearing Witness to Kindness

Cheri, over at Scrap Dreams, is running a year long challenge focused on acts of kindness. This week, she's focusing on being kind to the earth through planting trees. In that spirit, I wanted to share the story of this wonderful woman. I often see her walking her dog, Lady, in the park when I walk to work. She's hunched and grey, probably in her 80's, but she walks with boundless energy and a bright smile. And every spring, she tends a plot of earth in the corner of the public park. She plants flowers. Trims them. Waters them. And every time I see her, my faith in humanity take an uptick. I think she's awesome. And I think the world would be a better place if we were all just a little bit more like her. Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

I love that, too - that is such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do. My friends tends to the patch of earth in the middle of a traffic roundabout near her home, and it is always so beautiful.
Over the past two years I have worked on the garden in front of our house (a corner lot) and it makes me happy that other people get so much joy from it. So do I.

Mary B said...

what a wonderful lady

Sandie said...

This is lovely.... it's wonderful that some people bring such joy to others and may not even realise they do it.

Cheri said...

I LOVE this story Rinda! Thanks so much for sharing. Yes, the world would indeed be a better place if we could all be a little more like her.

Alison said...

How lovely!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

How wonderful of her.

Karen said...

What a lovely way to start my Sunday morning!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing it.