Saturday, February 21, 2015

Props! Be Still #6

my cup runneth over
This week's topic in the Still Life class I'm taking is props. I have LOTS of props. I collect all kinds of things. I especially like glass ware and linens. And old thing. Vintage things. I love the things I inherited from my mom, from my Grandma, from my Aunt Vera. And I love the things I have bought at antique stores and junque shops.
Slightly unbalanced
I have always been partial to these egg shell tea cups, even though they don't match anything else I own and don't really serve any purpose other than looking cool. So I pulled them out to play with this week.
cup of pearls
I took lots and lots of photographs using the cups, my pearls and a vintage apron. I was proud of myself for being able to pare them down to these three, all of which I really love.
Do you have a favorite among them?

13 comments:

Eileen T said...

I like them all but if I had to pick only one, would choose the 'slightly unbalanced' one.

helena said...

love all the 'shades of white' and the slightly unbalanced in my favourite though all three are beautiful

scrappyjacky said...

They are beautiful items,Rinda....and make great props.
The first photo is my favourite.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh I love the lustre of these cups and pearls. I like the unbalanced one best.

Mommy2CVC said...

I love the top one the most, but keep coming back to the unbalanced one. Love looking at what you come up with.

alexa said...

The second one is my favourite - I love a stack of items in a still life.

Karen said...

My favorite one is the first one. I love the pearls spilling over the edge of the cup. I would love to acquire some antique linens to use in photographs.

Becky said...

All thre are lovely but my favourite is the first one.

Linda said...

Gorgeous Rinda! I like the first one best. Would make beautiful cards:)

Sian said...

The first one, maybe?

Melissa said...

That first photo is my favorite, but they are all beautiful. (I'm so excited because I just ordered me a studio light/umbrella/stand kit for photo taking!) These photos make me want to pull out my china & play when it arrives.

Alison said...

I love that first one Rinda! Xx

Anonymous said...

They're all lovely but my favourite would have to be the unbalanced one.